Friday, April 30, 2010

don't touch that dial

i let myself listen to the songs about war now.

last year at this time, that was a definate "no no".

my nephews and friends were over-seas and to keep myself sane i only let myself listen to and watch "happy" things.
but now that they are home, when certain songs come on the radio, i don't have to reach for the dial immediately.
i can listen to them now. it's still habit to want to change it but not an automatic reaction like before.

 today, as a song by tim mcgraw came on the radio i allowed myself to really listen to the words and i thought about those boys and girls that aren't home yet.

my family has a sense of relief, but there are other families out there that still can't listen to those songs. they still have to change the station or channel.

just because my sweet boys are home doesn't mean that i am allowed to forget those other boys and girls and their friends and families.
i can't forget about those precious souls that have already gone on.
i just can't. it's not right.

so now when i hear those songs, i'll thank God for protecting my boys.
but i'll also remember to pray for His protection over all of those others. and i'll say some words of thanks for those who gave their lives.

today, i will listen but i won't forget.

No comments: