Monday, September 28, 2009

Texas oh Texas

holy mr. cow! becoming a texas resident is harder than becoming a u.s. citizen, i'm pretty sure.(don't even get me started on the u.s. citizenship thing. whole other blog, right there.)
ANYWAY, to get my insurance agent's license switched from oklahoma to texas, i have to be a texas resident. duh. no problem, right? wrong. geesh, is it a process!
to become a texas resident i need my texas dl. simple? nope.
to get my texas dl, i need to have my car titled and registered in the state of texas, show evidence of my birth, have my social security card, and surrender my ok dl.
i lost my social security card so i have to apply for a new one.
to get my car titled and registered in the state of tx, i have to have my car inspected.

sooo....i'm applying for my new ssn card. then, i'm having the ole equinox inspected. next, i'll get the title and registration. THEN, i'll get my texas dl. last, i'll get my texas agent's license.

oh yeah, and i had to get fingerprinted for the agent's license!

boy, who knew moving one state down would be so much work?

anyway, it will be well worth it (i'm sure) when i finally get it all done. at least i have a game plan, right?
:)

1 comment:

State Insurance License said...

Damn that sounds annoying and, you poor thing, have to go through it! Well, wish you all the best. Keep your fingers crossed :-)